What is RESTORE2?
RESTORE2 is a physical deterioration and escalation tool for care settings.
It is designed to support homes and health professionals to:
- Recognise when a resident may be deteriorating or at risk of physical deterioration
- Act appropriately according to the resident’s care plan to protect and manage the resident
- Obtain a complete set of physical observations to inform escalation and conversations with health professionals
- Speak with the most appropriate health professional in a timely way to get the right support
- Provide a concise escalation history to health professionals to support their professional decision making
Support to care settings from the North West Coast Patient Safety Collaborative
Health Innovation North West Coast leads the Patient Safety Collaborative for the North West Coast and delivers the National Patient Safety Improvement Programme in the region, which includes Cheshire & Merseyside, Lancashire & South Cumbria.
As part of the Managing Deterioration Safety Improvement Programme, Health Innovation North West Coast have supported the spread and adoption of deterioration management tools (RESTORE2/ RESTORE2 Mini or equivalent).
For further information for your locality please make inquires with your regional The Health Innovation Network.
Free RESTORE2/Mini training and resourses
An overview of the RESTORE2 tool and the necessary skills and knowledge to apply the tool in care homes across Cheshire, Merseyside, Lancashire and South Cumbria.
Care homes (nursing/ residential/ specialist) are able to access recorded RESTORE2/Mini education session as well as a host of resources to help teams implement the tool.
Training and resources aims
To provide an understanding of the advantages of applying the RESTORE2 tool to recognise and react to the unwell resident.
Train staff on the steps and processes of applying the RESTORE2 tool in practice, including soft signs, an overview of NEWS2, as well as SBARD as an escalation and communication aid.
Support staff to apply the RESTORE2 tool to their practice to ensure early and appropriate intervention.
Undertake scenarios to ensure that staff are comfortable with using the tool.
Please note that our free sessions and signposting to resources is to supplement some of the great local place-based activity underway across our region.